Monday, November 26, 2012

Raspberry Pi arrived!



My Raspberry Pi finally arrived yesterday.  Well actually it probably arrived earlier.  One of my neighbours came and knocked on my door and handed me an envelop that had been delivered to him.  It was my Raspberry Pi.

See my previous post about how long it took to receive.

I opened it up right away and all seemed good.  It came in a hard plastic pink coloured plastic box.



First thing to do is burn a bootable image on an SD card.  No problem, I have a couple I'm not using.  Checked http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads and picked the “wheezy” version.  Downloaded the Torrent and it was done in about 20 minutes.

Next step was to copy it to the card using the "dd" command.  But it didn't seem to take.  I read a little further and discovered that using micro SD cards in adapters is not supported.  And that's what I was doing.  OK, so I'm off to buy myself a new 4GB SD card today.

But I did confirm that it seems to be minimally functional.  I plugged in the MicroUSB connector and saw LEDs light up.  Doesn't necessarily mean much but it was re-assuring.



Check out my YouTube channel:  www.youtube.com/KedarWarriner

No comments:

Post a Comment